Tuesday, November 4, 2008

To smoke or not to smoke its it the question?

So i was visiting my family in Missouri the past weekend and I was headed to this little resturant that still allows you to smoke. And i'm most diffently a smoker. So i lite up my ciggerette and started smokeing this little old lady came buy and sat at a table directly behind me. No problem. she's a old lady. Then she starts in with the whole smoking thing. Okay I have no problem if you make a comment on it ONCE but shut the fuck up about after words...

She then proceeds to say she doesn't have any respect for that baby...first off i'm not blowing the smoke in my baby's face, then she says second hand smoke is the worst,,then she tells her husband you really shouldn't be breathing this...UGG Shut up you said your crap already now just shut UP!!

Thats it

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ok I guess I'll just say it one time but I totally agree with the "old lady" on this one. Smoking and breathing in second hand smoke are just horrible for your body and everyone else around you. You don't have to blow the smoke into the baby's face for it to be bad for him. I'm by no means implying that YOU shouldn't smoke thats totally up to you but I do think it's irresponsible (for anyone not just you) to smoke around a baby. You or anyone else who wants to smoke could always just walk outside. I'm glad down here in the south they have made it illegal to smoke inside resturants cause it would piss me off if someone smoked around my son.

LazyCrazyMama said...

I hate to say it, but I also agree w/Tiffany. I smoke and I have children, but I have always smoked outside - even in the -0 weather we get around here.
But it would be a little irritating for someone to say things like that.

Bri said...

It is irritating to have other people try to tell you how to raise your child or tell you how you should behave but sometimes you have to take a step back and actually hear what the person is saying. They are only concerned for your child and just having the smell of smoke on your clothes when holding your baby could give them breathing issues. Lots of kids (myself included) have turned out just fine from breathing in second hand smoke, but maybe the next time you light up around your baby you will think about what it could be doing to him. He has no choice but to be around it, and that isn't fair.